Thursday, July 21, 2011

London


Another fast fact about me.... I would move to London in a millisecond. There are times where I just sit and daydream about living there. I just love how old the city is, I love the history, I love the fact that the buildings have been there for literally hundreds of years.  I love the people despite their "supposed" grumpiness (and despite the fact that I've never met them).  I love that every band I could ever possibly want to see is REQUIRED to come to London.  Not really... but they do... because they think as I do.. "How could we not go to London?"  I'm just fascinated.

You know the scene at the beginning of Notting Hill where Hugh Grant is walking out of his flat to his book shop? He has to walk through the marketplace to get there.  I want that!  At some point in my life I want to go on an outing with my kids, walk the brick streets, stop at the market and pick up some fresh flowers for the dinner party I'm hosting that evening.   I'm well aware that I will have to cash in my retirement in order to afford a flat in Notting Hill, but it sounds good in my dreams.  It's well worth the money I say!

I think part of it is just that so much has happened in London over the past oh...500 years.  I feel as if there are still remnants of the major events in the air (minus The Plague).  That if I could just get over there, I would be completely engulfed in it.  Does that make me crazy?  It does.... I know it does.  I'm okay with it though.  We all have our secret hopes and dreams right?  This is mine.





For now, I'll continue to focus on saving up the airfare to travel to London for our 10 year anniversary. I've got three years to go....which is a good thing because it will take that long to save up airfare.  Wish me luck!
 




No comments:

Post a Comment