Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Just me...

If I could tell you what I consider to be the most important things about myself it would be these:

I’m a lover of Jesus first and foremost.  I’ve had so many instances in my life where He has come through for me, that there is no way you can convince me He isn’t real.  We’ve had miracles in our health, our families, our finances, etc., and it was clear that those things didn’t take place “by chance”.

I’m married to my best friend.  Chris and I went to high school together and I can remember talking to him a grand total of one time in the four years we were in school together.  The first time we talked (AOL Messenger anyone?) though, I was completely smitten.  Every time we’re together, it’s just comfortable.  Even surrounded by screaming kids, we’re able to look at each other and find humor in those moments.  We’ve been together long enough that we think the same and I find comfort in that.

I’m not a perfect mom.  I love my kids more than words can say.  I wake up every morning determined to be a better mom today than I was yesterday.  I examine myself every day and try to determine what I can do better today.  I want my kids to always feel accepted and loved at home.  I want them to know that we serve a God that loves them more than I do.  I want them to trust Him fully.  I want them to be smart enough to avoid all of the crud they will be offered in the coming years.  I want them to grow up feeling that I did my absolute best to give them a happy childhood, that I provided a safe place at home and provided an ear to vent to when they’re teenagers, and that they were prepared to face the world when they become adults.  That they will know how to follow God’s leading and make smart decisions – not quick decisions.  I feel that those are the best things I can provide to them.

I don’t sweat the small stuff.  There are those that have to make their beds every day, there are those that have to have a clean house every day, there are those that have to have every single detail in place …. and that’s just not me.  Rarely will you see my bed made, unless I just changed the sheets.  Rarely will you see my house completely clean.  Our living spaces are pretty clean, but our rooms are another story.  I fly by the seat of my pants more than I should, but life is just simpler that way.  It helps me enjoy my days when I’m not stressed.  When it comes down to it, sure I didn’t get my bed made, but I did get to work early enough to allow me to scoop my kids up from school.  My kids having the security of knowing that their mom will be there to get them from school means more to me than any old bed.

I’m not so much a creative thinker as I am a creative doer.  I’m not an originator of creative ideas, but I love to get my hands dirty bringing others creative ideas to life. 

I LOVE to travel.  Being in new places, meeting new people, trying new foods.  Exploring the globe with my family is my idea of bliss.

 
I’d love to hear the things you find most important in the comments below!

1 comment:

  1. found you on Caseys blog :). In the comments section! Have a blessed day and happy blogging sis.

    ♥CheChe

    savedthrulove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete