Thursday, February 7, 2013

Fashion Week

In honor of New York Fashion Week, which by the way begins today, I thought I would show you a few of the trends for Spring 2013.  It's going to be an early spring according to the groundhog, so now's the time to prepare!  Luckily, spring trends are more than likely things you already have in your closet. 


Stripes: Vertical, Horizontal, wide, skinny, etc.  Any stripes.

Image via Elle


Image via She Finds



Floral print: I’ll be honest, I hate floral print anything.  I actually have a tunic that is floral, and I’m still not keen on it, but I wear it.  Is that weird?

Image via Olivia Palermo



Glam:  I can think of a few friends that will start implementing this into their wardrobe TO-DAY. 

Christian Dior via Style

Diane von Furstenberg via Style 



Monochromatic prints: I love the color combinations in the the first two pics, though I'm not sure what happened with that last number.

Derek Lam via Pattern Bank



White: white pants, white shirts, white dresses, white skirts.  One fish, two fish, red fish, blue fish.

Image via The Written Runway
Image via Style Blazer



One shoulder:  It's baaack! Love love love!! 

Isabel Marant (left) Christian Dior (middle) and Lanvin (right)
Image via Harpers Bazaar



Make-Up:

Light/matte lips 



Hair:

Messy braids (my fave)
Hair at Balmain via Allure


Natural waves
Hair at Versace via Allure

Ultralow Ponytail
Hair at Rocha via Allure

Can I also just urge you to google Saint Laurent's Spring 2013 Ready-to-Wear collection?  I'm obsessed!

What about you?  Are you going to try something new this season?

1 comment:

  1. I'm the last person to think about fashion; if I see it in the store and like it, I buy it. But I read this and got excited cause I actually bought something that falls in one of these categories: monochromatic print. Yes! I also love navy stripes so will be adding them in my wardrobe. I absolutely love white...but it scares me.
    So thank you for making me realize I am actually somewhat 'in' with what's going on. :)

    ReplyDelete