Wednesday, January 25, 2017

All the feels..




Lately it feels like my emotions have been all over the place. Despite the way I feel I've been trying to focus myself on remaining steady. Yesterday ended up being a hectic day and I actually didn’t get to read my daily chapters in the Word. I was up from about 2:30 on last night though and I decided to catch up on yesterday’s chapters, as well as, read my chapters for today out of the One Year Bible. One of the chapters I missed was Genesis 45 and this verse stuck out to me “But don’t be upset, and don’t be angry with yourselves for selling me to this place. It was God who sent me here ahead of you to preserve your lives.”  

To put this all in context, this chapter consists of Joseph (sold into slavery by his brothers, had a coat of many colors) meeting his family after many years. At this point Joseph is now the Governor of Egypt and in charge of distributing food during the famine (that Joseph foretold). I started putting myself in Joseph’s shoes. I’m face to face with these men (family no less!) that completely betrayed me and they’re asking me to give them food. Their life is literally in Joseph’s hands and what does he do??  He shows compassion. He sees the bigger picture God orchestrated. He CHOSE to see the good instead of the overwhelming evidence against his brothers. I love that.

I love that the Lord knows just how to speak to our hearts. Anything I’m facing completely pales in comparison to what Joseph went through.  It feels big because I can tend to overthink things, but really all I'm responsible for is me. I say this all the time but perspective.is.everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment