Tuesday, January 3, 2017

2017

I have begun to embrace the term "seasons" as it pertains to life. If there is one thing I wish someone would have told me going into adulthood it's that you go through life in stages, but those moments, though seemingly long, won't last forever.

When I look back on my 20's I see it broken up in seasons. There was a season of creating a family, there was a season of change (moving from house to house, city to city, etc.), there was a season of self discovery. There are busy seasons and there are quiet seasons. 

Chris and I are going into our 13th year of marriage, and we no longer have babies in the house. I've been asked how you know that you're finished having kids and my response is always "you just know". It feels like there's always a longing in your heart for one more little baby, and then you just reach a point where that's not there anymore. You just know that everyone who is supposed to be in your family is here. Then you close the book on that chapter.

So now, we begin another season.  To see these little babies into their own adulthood.  I'm at a place now where I'm beginning to have more free time and I'm looking forward to devoting more time to this blog. I've looked back through previous posts and it's more than a little embarrassing, but I've grown as a person. You have to start somewhere..

I'm looking forward to what the year 2017 holds for us. I have huge expectation in my heart and I look forward to sharing with you as it all plays out. Cheers to the new year!

No comments:

Post a Comment